Formatting Software for MicroVault USM-LX series with sixth letter of serial number "A" or "B"
About this download
If your MicroVault does not operate correctly, try recovering a flawless operation by re-formatting your Microvault with Sony's easy to use formatting software
The re-formatting process will erase any data stored on the MicroVault. Before starting the re-formatting process, make sure to backup any data you would like to keep.
Note for Windows Vista / Windows 7 users:
When formatting your microvault with Windows Vista / Windows 7,
- Make sure to close all currently running programs on your computer before formatting your MicroVault
- Execute the format software and follow the instructions.
- If part of a file remains on your Microvault, total capacity is "0 byte", or if format does not seem to proceed completely, please repeat the formatting process 2 or 3 times.
Otherwise, please try formatting with another operating System than Windows Vista / Windows 7.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (SP3 or later)
- USM4GN / USM8GN / USM16GN / USM32GN when the sixth letter of the serial number is "A" or "B"
Follow the steps below to download the formatting software:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights
- After reading the disclaimer, click the [Download] button below
- The download of the [I_Formatter10373.exe] file (375KB) will start
- Save the file on your computer
- Execute the software