Formatting Software for MicroVault USM-N series
About this download
If your MicroVault does not operate correctly, try recovering a flawless operation by re-formatting your Microvault with Sony's easy to use formatting software
The re-formatting process will erase any data stored on the MicroVault. Before starting the re-formatting process, make sure to backup any data you would like to keep.
Note for Windows Vista / Windows 7 users:
When formatting your microvault with Windows Vista / Windows 7,
- Make sure to close all currently running programs on your computer before formatting your MicroVault
- Execute the format software and follow the instructions.
- If part of a file remains on your Microvault, total capacity is "0 byte", or if format does not seem to proceed completely, please repeat the formatting process 2 or 3 times.
Otherwise, please try formatting with another operating System than Windows Vista / Windows 7.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (SP3 or later)
To identify which formatting software you should use with your MicroVault product, follow the below instructions.
- Identify the location of your MicroVault serial number. According to the illustration, the serial number should be found on the body of your MicroVault as highllighted in red.
- Start counting from the beginning and take note of the letter found at the sixth position (underlined in the below illustration) of the serial number
- Click the below link that correspond to the letter identified at step 2, and access the relevant formatting software download page.
- If the sixth letter of your serial number is "A" or "B"
- If the sixth letter of your serial number is "C"
- If the sixth letter of your serial number is "D"
- If the sixth letter of your serial number is "E"
- If the sixth letter of your serial number is "F"
- If the sixth letter of your serial number is "G"
- You do not need any formatting software. Instead, simply use your operating system to format your MicroVault to the FAT32 file system